• 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
***1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Generously butter and lightly flour two 8”x4” loaf pans.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Stir gently to combine.
5. Shred zucchini, lightly packing it down as you measure it.
6. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat eggs, applesauce, oil, sugar and vanilla extract, then mix very well.
7. Slowly add the dry ingredients (about 1/3 at a time) mixing as you go and then beat well to fully combine.
8. With a rubber scraper or wooden spoon, stir in shredded zucchini and nuts into the batter, then mix well.
9. Pour half of the batter into each prepared pan.
10. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out cleanly. (The bake time will vary depending on how much shredded zucchini you add to the batter.)
11. Remove from the pans and cool on wire racks.