I am super excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow blogger, Kat from Califf Creations!
She is an awesome mom blogger, who posts about family, children, and cooking. Her work has been a total inspiration to me, so I am extra honored that she selected me for this award.
Thank you so much, Kat. I appreciate your support so much and look forward to continuing to be inspired by your work!
You can check out her awesome blog HERE.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s a way for bloggers to support each other and give recognition to those that have inspired us. Its also a fun way for us to get to know each other, and for our readers to get to know us
If you read my last nomination you might notice small differences here. I follow the rules of the blog that nominated me. Plus, I like the addition of the 11 random facts that I didn’t do in my last nomination.
- Acknowledge the blog that gave you the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
The Questions I was Given
What is your favorite genre of music?
I don’t really have a favorite. Sometimes I wonder if I am getting old, because I hate today’s music.
My favorite “era” of music would be anything from maybe early 2000’s. 90’s and 80’s are up there too.
What is your favorite book?
This is a really tough question to answer too! My favorite series of books is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.
The most life-changing book I have read is probably Lone Survivor, by Marcus Luttrell.
What is your motivation when you get into a blogging rut?
I haven’t hit any real ruts yet! Keyword: Yet! But I am driven and love to write and help others so hopefully that will be enough to pull me through when I inevitably hit one.
Does your family support your blogging?
My husband is my IT master. He is so supportive and helpful. I honestly couldn’t do this without him. My mom is a big supporter and reader too.
What do you hate about blogging?
I love blogging, but the worst part for me is probably the promoting. I find it stressful. And time consuming. I just wish I had more hours in my day so I could fit everything in.
What is your favorite outdoor activity and why?
I love being outdoors. Swimming, hiking, camping…you name it and I am all for it… as long as the weather is warm.
Describe your perfect vacation.
Being poolside or beachside with the warm sun overhead and a cold drink in my hand.
What is your favorite memory from school?
In college, I had to do a presentation for a history class. I hate public speaking, but was passionate about what I was presenting. I ended up giving over an hour presentation, and the class was actually engaged and participating in the discussion. It was exhilarating.
Afterward, several classmates approached me and said that I really gave them a new perspective and really made them think. It was a great feeling.
What did you dream of becoming when you were a child?
Wow, lots of things! I wanted to be a storm chaser (Thanks to the movie Twister) and a Doctor (Thanks to the show ER) and a teacher (Thanks to an awesome teacher I had)
How do you drink your coffee?
I don’t! I cant stand the taste. Don’t judge me!
What is your ultimate goal in life?
As cheesy as it may sound, my goal is just to be happy. That’s all that matters in the end. You cant take material things with you when you go. So I just want to have fun, enjoy the ride, and hopefully help out some others along the way. If I can do all that, I will consider myself a success.
11 Random Facts About Me
- Between blood and marriage, I have a very large family. 2 half-sisters, 2 half-brothers-in-law, 5 nieces, 6 nephews, 7 great nieces and nephews, and another on the way.
- One of my nephews named my son. Husband and I couldn’t agree on a name so I asked our then-9 year old nephew. The name he chose stuck.
- I worked in customer service at different levels for 15 years prior to my son being born. Way more than any one person should, in my opinion.
- I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE at the age of 21, and didn’t think I’d ever be able to have children because I was so sick for so long.
- I am a HUGE hockey fan! (Go Red Wings!) and am delighted that my son is showing interest in skating and hockey.
- I can probably recite every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Don’t judge me, we all have a guilty pleasure!)
- My least favorite chore is sweeping and moping the floors.
- I love to cook, but I am self-taught and definitely no expert chef. Mostly, nobody complains about my food though.
- In high school, I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween. I even worked at a haunted house one year, and it was the most fun I ever had.
- I love to read! My kindle was one of the best gifts I’ve ever received. But I still insist on having actual copies of my favorite books.
My Nominees are…
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- Favorite place you’ve visited?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What do you do to relax?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your hidden talent?
- What is your favorite color?
- Warm weather or cold weather?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- How do you define success?
- What motivates you?
Make sure you send me the link to your posts! I am looking forward to reading and sharing them! Have fun!