I came across this recipe on Facebook. The page Spend With Pennies has a lot of awesome things. I highly recommend giving them a follow!
This is a great easy meal for a cold day when you want a hearty meal without a lot of hassle.
Chicken And Dumplings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 hr 10 min
• 1 large onion , diced
• 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of celery soup
• 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
• black pepper to taste
• 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
• 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 2 cups frozen vegetables or peas and carrots , defrosted
• 1 can (8 pieces) refrigerated biscuits (Buttermilk, Country or Homestyle)
1. Add onion to 6 qt crock pot and top with chicken breasts.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, parsley, poultry seasoning and pepper.
3. Spread over chicken breasts.
4. Top with chicken broth and cook on high 5 hours.
5. Approximately 1 hour (I allow 60 – 90 minutes) before serving (after 4 hours of cooking time), roll each biscuit thin and flat. Cut into 4 strips. Add vegetables to the slow cooker and stir. Add biscuit strips on top. Replace lid as quickly as possible.
6. TO SERVE: Remove chicken breasts and slightly shred. Add back into slow cooker and stir (this will break up the dumplings somewhat which is ok). Let cook an additional 10 minutes and serve.
Use cream of chicken and herb for more flavor